Sunday, August 25, 2013



I thought I would link to the above...

"Ralfy" generally posts about malt whiskies but his videos touch upon blended whiskies, how to keep whisky, the industry and 'Quelle horreur!' ... Cigars and pipe smoking. I have previously stated that I do like and I am fascinated by people who are passionate about their interests or hobbies and they are able to inform, entertain and communicate their passion. Ralfy has this in spades and I continue to learn from his videos. I linked to this particular video for Scoakat's benefit and he'll either thank me or curse me for yet more time spent on the pc.

We are without hot water and heating although the latter is not needed. The boiler died overnight and the engineer arrived this morning. After a very thorough investigation he has ordered a new circuit board. The fly in the ointment... tomorrow is a bank holiday so the office won't receive the order until Tuesday a.m. and the part can be replaced on Wednesday. Cold showers are very invigorating, aren't they? Mt initial scream is still echoing somewhere within the house.
I have started the search for part time work and it isn't just confined to nursing. There is a marked shortage of part time work with all the adverts requesting full time workers. There is no immediate need for me to go back to work so this is just an initial survey of the current job market. With the good weather and the still novel experience of being a gentleman of leisure I am quite happy to relax and enjoy the experience.I have arranged to pop down to Essex after next weekend, the delay as a consequence of the boiler shenanigans and spend some time with my family. It's also my Mother's seventy-second birthday so flowers plus other presents will be conveyed down to her. I am not allowed to bring the dog but Mrs C will be at home although the mutt will sulk for the duration of my time away. There isn't enough room to swing a cat let alone an excitable dog in my Mum's cottage. Otherwise, cold showers and fortitude for the next couple of days...
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Back now - drop me a mail if you have time for a meet-up while you're down. You're very welcome to come here, or we could meet somewhere else.

10:13 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Hello BW. I missed you by a couple of days as I had been and gone. Hopefully I will be popping down to Colchester three or four times a year so I'll let you know when I next plan to go down.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home