Sunday, May 27, 2012

Austins at the National Fishing Heritage Centre.



A long time of no blogging because of real life and I would like to say excting things have happened (skydiving, pearl fishing, gold prospecting) but it has been all work related. I had set today aside for more course work but the weather is lovely and I wanted a break from studying. I also strolled across to the above and took a few photos. It was the mutts second walk this morning as I wandered over with camera to hand.





A good ten or so pre-war Austins were lined up ready for their run out across the county. I love looking at old cars, the simplicity of design and manufacture, the hands on nature of them (for the tinkerers out here) and ease of use compared with modern computerised cars. A couple of the cars had the bonnets open and the space with readily identifiable parts was astonishing. Mrs C. had no interest in seeing them and regards my interest in them as "boys and their toys " which I cannot disagree with. She's always afraid I'll buy some old vehicle one day and we'll be saddled with more junk!                                                            





I spent yesterday tending to the garden and it looks rather more presentable after a couple of hours tidying it up. So much rain and now glorious sunshine over the past few days and the weeds had taken over. After the several hours spent out there I am now a redneck...literally. I'll be heading out to buy some sunscreen and wearing a large shady hat this afternoon. Two things may spoil this afternoon: a neighbours yappy terrier and the drug addled drum and bass aficianado who lives several doors down from us. The terrier doesn't stop barking and does not seem to understand that it's territory is within it's garden and doesn't extend to other gardens. I intend to make the most of todays sunshine because this could be summer. I can study tomorrow and with only three weeks of placement left (Hooray!) and four weeks until submitting the portfolio I will need to crack on with it.


Time to buy that sunscreen and enjoy more of this glorious weather. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are and I will raise a  cold glass of beer to you later.                                           
TTFN.                                                                                                                                          








3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Mi1dred's cousins and Big Sisters!

I made Mr BW buy one 5 years ago... I decided that, at his age, it was either the old car or the mistreess, so I got in first and suggested the latter for tinkering purposes.

Good luck with the final stretch/hurdle.

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Ooops, I meant the former!!!

8:50 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol! Tinkering with the mistress... mind boggles.

12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home