Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thanks to our good neighbours I have now planted some runner beans which will be a first for me. I have opted for a large tub filled with some well composted soil and fresh compost. As I have a few days off I can finally tend the garden in between the rain showers. Temperature dropped very low last night so I am still reluctant to place anything in the greenhouse. Lots of chilli plants coming through but no tomato plants. Cucumber looking good as are the herbs. I don't intend to go mad with the plants compared with the tomato glut last year but just enough to ensure some fresh vegetables. Mrs C has planted lots of flowers including wild flowers to encourage the bees. The bluebells are out again and I look forward to 'hot' summer spent in the garden, listening to music and avoiding the olympics. It's not that I dislike athletics but I do dislike the political jamboree, the commercial  razzamatazz that surrounds it all.
We have a patch of 'lawn' that requires reseeding although given the drought I might opt for the long held plan to extend the patio: less grass cutting and large pots for the herbs. I also intend to get some marigolds in as the mosquitos dislike them. Enough faffing about on here, the sun is shining weakly and I can't waste the opportunity.
TTFN.    

Part 2:
So much for the dry spell with hailstones and a biblical deluge. I used the opportunity to pop out and buy more compost as well as pot up some of the smaller plants. April showers...                           

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Mapp said...

This is the first time I have checked in for months, and it seems that life goes on Delcatto. May I ask a real favour of youplease, that you support a young musician, though its possibly a bit grimey for your taste. Hes hoping to win a recording deal with Sony, having already won the Sennheisser part of the competition. Every vote counts. Yhanks Delcatto, and if you want to spread the word . . .:-)MM http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a9e313f16fb2d350df454e24f346f14b/499?referral=fb_wall_vote_link&refId=24

5:45 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

hmmm. Spam? Do you know her?

10:57 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It's ok Scoakat, I do know Miss Mapp and a lovely woman she is too. Also a good writer.
I had a look at the link MM but when it came to voting it wanted my details and to link to my twitter account so I didn't vote.As for the music... I prefer rock, blues, folk and jazz as well as a youth steeped in disco. Rave music is not really for me. I will post what I think is "grimey" music for you.

10:17 am  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Sorry Del, and MM, I get suspicious when there's a link. Also, her page is private so I didn't know quite what to think.

10:49 pm  
Blogger Miss Mapp said...

No worries Scoakat. Good call. I shut my blog down because if you want to be published, it can't be on the net already- which it was. . . You can also follow the link and vote for some music that you don't like!!! Or is one of Delcatos above you tubes more our style too.x

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home