Monday, April 09, 2012


Not a good start to the day. I slipped on some algae near the river and skinned my knees as well as losing half the shopping. Cue a return to same shop to buy same items much to the surprise of the same checkout girl. But the dog has also now been walked and I can relax with a cup of tea and some delicious Cox's apples with ham for my lunch.
The essay is now completed bar the usual read through although no spelling or grammatical errors. My senior school (Stationers' Company's School) had just changed from a grammar to a comprehensive in the early seventies when I joined it. Consequently we enjoyed a pretty good education until the rot set in. Back to the essay after that aside... references, etc still to be added but it will have to await the return of the lecturers tomorrow as we have to use something called 'Turnitin' to check for plagiarism, use of quotes and how naughty we may have been. But having sweated throughout the weekend to get this bugger to bed I feel wiped out. Given the current drought conditions requiring umbrellas and waterproofs the next week off will be spent reading and relaxing with the occasional beer and the odd foray into the garden durng the dry moments. I also have a reunion with some old friends in Bolton this coming weekend to look forward to.
Hmmm... I am sure my knee isn't supposed to be that size. Time for more germolene and an ice pack.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Oh ow. Hope your knees are back to normal now.

Hadn't heard of 'Turnitin'. Sounds a bit American to me... well done for getting the essay done.

10:46 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you.
I sent it in this afternoon - it took me hours to sort out the references even with the running order I had made out. Free to have some welcome beers now.

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home