A quick update and work continues on the Tiger 1 in 1/35 scale and the tracks are tackled in short bursts and then left to set. The tracks are straightforward to assemble once cleaned up but the tiny cleats and the system to attach and cement them is awkward.
I ended up cementing in the individual cleats and it is time consuming, both during assembly and then leaving it to set. Despite that I have found individual cleats have fallen off. I also ran out of the Tamiya thin glue and I am awaiting delivery of new supplies.
I painted the cleaned up wheels and I will continue with the build when the new glue arrives. I also started on several figures for this build and another future build.
Illness wise, the bloody cough comes and goes as does the temperature fluctuations but we are doing better now and I am planning a trip out later to get some fresh air and hopefully see some snowdrops. A couple of dry days although it is still cold at night and there has been some frost in the mornings. It will be nice to get out and about again knowing Spring is just a few weeks away.
TTFN.


3 Comments:
It rained, heavy showers! Lots of Snowdrops on the positive side.
73ºF right now, and the low tonight is down to 15ºF (about 25ºC and -10ºC). Quite the difference in a few hours. Also supposed to rain later and turn into snow in the early hours. Just for a day and more, then back to spring-like.
Very interesting winter here this year. The trees already have buds, and will be interesting to see what is affected by the weather.
I hope you both finally feel healthy soon.
Thanks Scott, fingers crossed it is starting to improve but the tiredness is a real bind.
We have sleet, hail and snow predicted here for tonight although I expect we will get cold rain. Yes. plants in bud were already but winter hasn't gone yet. Keep warm!
Post a Comment
<< Home