Thursday, February 08, 2024

 After two weeks both Sue and I are still unwell although some slow progress is being made. I have no idea what this bug is other than it is a damned nuisance. My appetite is back along with my sense of taste but both of us are permanently exhausted. Happily, rain, sleet, snow and cold weather has returned so there is no desire to go out. It also allows me time to focus on the three builds I currently have on the go although one is now 'finished'.


Masking the clear parts for the Avro Lancaster B III which is a fiddly and time consuming task. I thought I had lost an important clear part but after checking the instructions on this and a second kit, I realised there was an error on the instructions and it is a plastic part, not a clear part. Yes, I bought a second kit some time back when it was sold at a very cheap figure given there was no box for it.


Taking my time with this build and enjoying it so far and the second OOB build I have now finished...



The Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star which saw action over Korea. I like the early jets and the decals on this one stood out for me.


The other build is proving to be difficult and requiring a lot of filler, clean up of seams, etc...


Another early jet and although not the specific model I had hoped to build it was cheap as chips and will go on display with the other early jets.

Time for a cuppa and to check how the chicken curry is doing...extra chillies needed.

TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like what I had; sick for two weeks then still blowing my nose and extra mucus for this past week. This one just lingers on.

Not sure if it's just the silver paint or the detailed decals, but this one looks very realistic indeed. Nicely done.

9:48 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scott, it is lingering and we just can't seem to shake it off. I can't even have a hot toddy as I have gone off alcohol so no beer or whisky for the last two weeks!

I am pleased with the Shooting Star and the aluminium wax really does look good.

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I'm still feeling the effects of the one I had over the festive season. I too have gone off alcohol. Not enjoying it at all. Saving a fortune!

2:51 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Sounds like you'd both likely be amazed at how much we drink here in Wisconsin. But I think I've shared those statistics before :)

2:14 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Yes, saving money here. Sue hasn't had alcohol for over two years now and it's tea or coffee for me now! I just wish this leurgy would go!

12:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home