Thursday, January 18, 2024

I have been following this chap for some time although I vehemently disagreed with him in the early days of the interesting time we recently endured but he eventually began to question the agenda...Interesting video . Whether you agree with me or not there is one question that does need to be answered. Why the secrecy about this? Surely openness, engagement with the public about major health concerns and how best to deal with this is the appropriate approach? To paraphrase the great bard..."A plague on all their houses". Another interesting video to provide food for thought and although I do follow this chaps videos I also take him with a pinch of salt.  Even the Allied good guys in WW2 had snake oil salesmen and chancers amongst their entourage and that's before we mention Stalins personality! 

Moving on...


I employed my time this morning playing with oil paints and turning the built Bf 109 G2 from a 'toy' into a model. An oil wash using various colours, a mix of black, yellow, brown and burnt umber.


The oils are placed on a piece of old card and the oil allowed to drain from the paint pigments before I use it with a mineral thinner. Brushes and Q-tips apply the paint which is left on the model before being mixed in as a wash and then selectively removed to leave a dirty, used look. As this is an aircraft on the Russian front circa 1942 I opted for a light weathering. The Luftwaffe flew many daily missions so a somewhat used look is what I am aiming for. The figures are painted in acrylics but need to be clear coated and then oil or enamel paints used to accentuate light and shadow to bring them to 'life'. I then have to consider a diorama base for this build and I can then call it done (It needs an aerial as well). I'll crack on with that over the weekend as Sue has her hospital appointment tomorrow and I'll be busy supporting her with this. Fingers crossed for a simple and successful procedure and smooth recovery. Next week is my mum's funeral and I have to admit I am dreading it but hopefully it will provide a closure. We plan to tell the humourous stories about mum as she had a wonderful sense of humour as well as being a strong, independent and resilient woman. Damn, I miss her.

TTFN. 


3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Best of luck to Sue tomorrow, and also to you, looking ahead to the funeral. I think it will help, being with family and reminiscing that day.

10:58 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Hope it went well today and that there is a good outcome for Sue.

It's two years on Tuesday since Mr BW's Mum died. It doesn't get any easier... hope your Mum's funeral goes well.

7:28 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks.

The procedure went well and Sue is resting and recovering. The staff were excellent, very supportive and a reminder that when the NHS does it well, it does it very well.

12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home