Slow progress on the Lancaster as undercarriage painted and glued in with some choice words turning the air blue. I added some sprue goo to strengthen the connecting points this morning and the seams have had some more CA flexi glue added as filler. I will leave this well alone for the next day or so and then sand those seams out. I can then airbrush black paint on underneath with various shades plus some grey dry paint brushing of raised parts. Again, this is to create shadows and depth which is quite hard to achieve on black paint but we'll see how it goes.
I also received two books in the post, both cheap from the bay of ee by gum. One is for reference for this build and the other is the memories of aircrew during the war flying Lancasters. I recently finished one book, Rear Gunner Pathfinders which I enjoyed but it left me feeling sad as he explained briefly the impact of the war and PTSD on his emotional wellbeing during the rest of his life. These books should be required reading for some of the arseholes who are waving sabres for a war with Russia, China and Iran.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I have stopped drinking alcohol as this leurgy has changed my sense of taste and smell. BW pointed out we are saving money which is certainly a bonus and given I paid out for a special model box last October and is due for delivery at the end of this month, a few months abstinence will be helpful. It also helps for a planned trip to a local airfield where they have a working Lancaster and Mosquito. I have a few bottles of malt whisky and one blended whisky stored away but they will hopefully be ok for later this year. Now, if I can only break my addiction to chocolate!
TTFN.

7 Comments:
Isn't it strange how these viruses are affecting so many people's other senses?
There is so much going on in the world that I just cannot understand. I'm so glad we opted out of the rat race and moved to the rural north where we can still live life on our own terms.
https://www.railtons.co.uk/catalogue.php?auctID=239&catID=&page=16
Lot 393. You can bid online, or make a commission bid. And, er, I shall likely be going up that way so could collect...
NB 20% buyer's premium, plus VAT (ie 24% above hammer price). Things often go for silly prices here... either a fiver, or well above estimate.
That lot is a good price at £50 - 70 as kits are worth between £8 - £12 each and that’s a conservative amount. I’ll pass on it this time but I have saved the website for future auctions. I had never considered auctions for models but I now have another place to look for models! Thank you for that BW.
I knew it!
I keep popping back to look at that lot because there is one rare kit there. Sue has now seen it and rolled her eyes saying I have enough in the stash already. She’s right.
*sniggers*
I'll let you know if/when I see any more.
We keep an eye on all the local general/junk auction sites for things we are seeking. It's the first time i've ever seen bulk kits though.
You could always sell on the ones you don't want to fund your habit... ;)
Went for £75.
Post a Comment
<< Home