Sunday, February 18, 2024

 I spoke too soon as both Sue and I have relapsed although she has it really bad. Earaches and coughing for her, an earache today and a scratchy throat for me. Just what have these evil bastards released into the world, bats my arse. Gain of function in bio-labs courtesy of the USA and China.  Rope and lamp posts...Moving on before I climb onto my ranting soapbox...


Although it needs some paint touch ups, especially the yellow parts, I am calling it done. I might use oil paints for the yellow areas. After I had knocked off the umpteenth part and for a while I lost a yellow painted tail, I have decided to leave it to set properly and if needs be, I can always weather it or add washes at a future date.


An Avro Lancaster Mk III of 100 Squadron RAF circa April 1945 based at Waltham but moved to Elsham Wolds in the last month of WW2. Both local airfields and something I have wanted to do for a while as a tribute to the men and women who were based at the airfields.


Almost immediately after I took the photos a large needy Tabby leapt onto the table and nearly undid all the hard work! It's hard to believe he will be ten years old this year and it is starting to show, poor auld fella. Given his age and that of Maisie who is or will be nine years old this year, I shall be looking at their diet and buying food with fewer additives and especially more meat and no cereals. I'll also look at supplements for them. They get the usual supermarket cat food plus chicken and ham but we have woken up to cat vomit on a few mornings over the last two months. They lead very pampered lives and I want the best for them as they become feline pensioners. They are also enjoying the early spring weather which is currently wet but mild. Signs of Spring beginning to emerge and birds are singing each morning over the past week. Early days yet but hopefully winter is coming to an end.

TTFN.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Like both of you, this bug has left me relapsing, and feeling really old and frail.

There are lots of things that I just don't feel I want to tackle any more, because of worry about the physical consequences.

As you imply, goodness knows what comes next.

Hope you are both feeling better again soon.

12:06 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW and hopefully you will make a good recovery.

Today, after spending some time out and about I spent two hours in bed, wiped out and as you say, feeling old and frail.

Sue’s slept for most of today as she is again unwell.

All very worrying.

9:20 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I finally feel healthy again but now my wife is sick. And now all of you (w/BW) have been sick so much longer!

Hopefully you'll all get through this sooner than later. All my best.

12:29 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scott and my best wishes and recovery to your wife.

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home