Friday, February 16, 2024

 Some progress from this morning but that yellow paint is not brushing on smoothly despite being thinned.


Notwithstanding that, it is starting to look more like the finished aircraft and there are about a dozen small parts to attach, some further tidy up of the paint and another clear coat to prepare for the decals. The camouflage and black paint was airbrushed on but other small parts were brush painted. The home made masks for the clear parts have also turned out ok. Built OOB (Out of the box) with no aftermarket parts but I will buy some bits and pieces for the second future Lancaster build.


I managed to break off and lose a propeller blade but later found and reattached it, the second one to break off. Once this is completed I intend to display it alongside a Stirling bomber I built some years ago. There is a third heavy four engined bomber to make up the set and that is the Halifax which I haven't got in my stash. 

Once I have finished this and the F9F panther I will tidy up the modelling area and both Sue and I plan to start an early spring clean around the house. The latter we will do over the next couple of weeks as we are beginning to recover from this virus after three weeks. We went out yesterday, just locally but both of us returned home bathed in sweat and exhausted which surprised us. I am expecting delivery of the Tiger tank box I ordered last November and hope to make a start on one of those. I also plan tentative brief walks out over the next few days as part of my recovery from this virus. 

TTFN.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home