The Lancaster has an airbrushed coat of black paint on the underneath or rather, 90% Nato black and 10% medium grey. Clear coated this morning and left to dry and set over the next several hours. I realised I have made an error on the engines and fitting the props but I will just glue them in and the error won't be noticed as it will be covered up. I will be prepared for the next Lancaster build when I decide to do that at some point. A new kit has arrived and I decided to buy this as it involves Sue's favourite animal...
It will also be a challenging paint scheme but one I look forward to.
The plastic is an extremely bright yellow which looks very garish and hopefully won't pose too many problems when it comes to airbrushing the paint on. It will be put aside in the stash for now as I have started on another build...
A floatplane from WW1 that is a small and as I discovered, fragile engine with thin pieces that break very easily. Assembled and brush painted using various metallic paints and rust on the exhaust with a wash of very thinned black paint. The floats have been assembled and cleaned up and the upper wing has been glued together from three separate parts. The wings for this early model will be doped linen with a primarily wooden fuselage which will be enjoyable but possibly frustrating to paint and achieve a realistic look.
I am fascinated by seaplanes, whether on floats or as a flying boat and the early ones from WW1 and the interwar period really grab my attention. I guess it is the challenge of not only the air but also water, coping with two elements.
Time for a much needed cuppa.
TTFN.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home