Thursday, February 22, 2024

 Delivery day for the large box of three 1/35 Tiger tanks I ordered last year and I am like a dog with two tails. Sue's response on seeing the box was 'Jesus!' and a shake of her head as I dived into the box ably assisted by Sherlock. He managed to get some tape on his paw which I had to rescue him from.


I would usually avoid ordering three similar kits but this was a special at a reduced price and includes a 1/16th figure as a separate kit so I leapt at the chance. 


I have placed two of the kits upstairs in the stash and I intend to build the late production Tiger 1. I have some figures to go with the kit and so this will be my next build. The current build, a 1/72 scale Albatros W4 has had burnt umber oil paint brushed over the base for a wood effect and I will leave it alone for several days to fully dry. I also did a light grey wash over the green parts to dull down the green colour. My plan is to airbrush a linen colour on the wings and other parts but the oil paint has to be dry for me to mask them off.


I also received two cheap kits, one is a Albatros D III which I ordered for the decals for an earlier cheap Pegasus kit I bought last year but it did not have decals. The kit with decals was cheaper than buying decals on their own!


The second kit was reduced and offered to me and naturally I accepted. It's an old kit from 1978 but quite detailed and will be a fun build at some point. I have now cleared my evil bay list and I will be buying no more kits this year as these will keep me busy for the next year.


 Weather wise, it has poured down today and not stopped until an hour ago. I had a look around the garden earlier this week making plans for a clear up and ensure the gate can be accessed as we are hoping to install a new gate. I'm just waiting for a dry day and I can bring the garden recycling bin through for the clear up. The usual stall in the market that we buy plants from is no longer there so I will have a wander round at the end of the month for seedlings, tomato, cucumber and chilli. They will go in the raised bed and large pots with some colourful flowers / plants in the garden itself. Fingers crossed the leurgy is gradually going although I pulled muscles in my back from coughing over the last two days. It never rains but it pours! My plans for the next few months is modelling, gardening when I can, gentle walks and reading some good books with an occasional good malt whisky. I had a glass last night of a 14 year old American rye cask Jura and I thoroughly enjoyed it after nearly five weeks of abstinence from alcohol.  Getting used to life on a budget hence no more buying models and hoping the malts I have left will last.*

TTFN.

* The four bottles won't last three years but No.1 son bought me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label for Xmas and I do like that.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

" I have now cleared my evil bay list and I will be buying no more kits this year as these will keep me busy for the next year."

Yeah yeah, we've heard it all before... Scoakat and I will be watching you... ;)

Does Sue have any creative hobbies? If not, what does she do while you are modelling?

Local market plant stalls here have disappeared too. So sad. I think I'd wait at least 6 (if not 8) weeks before you buy any seedlings, if I were you. No point planting anything until after your last frost date as they will all be killed off. B&Q usually have some reasonably priced specimens - more so if you get a voucher. I'm not fond of their customer service, but needs must sometimes.

5:04 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. Yes, easily tempted by the lure of plastic models!

Yes you’re right BW, probably too early for plants. Weather unsettled at this time of year and we could still have the last of winter.

Sue plays bingo (not for money) and follows court cases on line, she loves true crime.


8:12 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

"Yeah yeah, we've heard it all before... Scoakat and I will be watching you... ;)"

LOL, yes - but not judging!

Way too early for thinking of planting anything here. Winter is back for us today and tomorrow, but almost t-shirt weather expected on Monday.

10:56 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Absolutely Scott, but I am resisting the lure of on-line auctions. I have had to order some extra thin glue as I ran out.

Winter still has it's claws into us here. Keep warm and safe.

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home