Thursday, September 08, 2022

 We have power! 

The electrician arrived to fit a new isolation switch and did the work in an hour. As he arrived so did the British Gas electrician  to do the fuse box, the job I cancelled two weeks ago because they informed me the isolation switch had to be completed first! Quick chat with both and apologies exchanged and he will give a rocket to someone at head office as they did not pass the message of the cancellation on. That latter job will be booked at some point but Sue now wants me to have the front door replaced, we have the painting to do and several other little household jobs to complete. I shall be busy for several weeks but hopefully all of that completed in time for Xmas. I didn't need the day booked off to be home for the job today but I had been told it would take four hours and after the last few days it is lovely to sit back and have nothing to do with work. The only downside is the rain pouring down outside. Perfect weather for modelling but an hour this morning saw the top wing fall off twice as I attempted to glue parts together. Taped up and left for tomorrow as I can do with doing absolutely nothing and relax. 


We have noticed how stressed everyone is at work, headaches, tiredness and various aches and pains being reported plus another recent serious incident. This winter will be a difficult time and I don't think people realise what is coming, especially if it is a hard winter. Lock down society, print more money, spread fear and division and hey presto! Sadly ordinary people suffer, never the bastards doing this but I shall stop there.

I ordered some new kits ready for the next year (thinking of retirement!) as I trawled for cheap kits that are on my to buy list and I was successful in finding them cheap and available.


I am particularly pleased with the Blenheim kit as it was very cheap and came with lots of aftermarket parts.

The aftermarket parts alone would ordinarily cost me between £20.00 and £30.00 but this plus the kit cost less than £10.00! I could not believe it but it was genuine and I am delighted with this bargain.


The Fury and the Blenheim I bought following my reading of the book below and the exploits of the South African Air Force and RAF in East Africa against the Italians. I enjoy making models of Italian WW2 aircraft and the East African campaign I find fascinating as one of the less known arenas of WW2 so an opportunity to build some Allied aircraft is welcomed.


A welcome escape from work and the descent into madness here in the western world albeit paradoxically reading about and modelling war! 

Time for a cuppa and a biscuit.

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I only leant about the East African Campaign a couple of years ago, from a tiny museum in a small town in the middle of rural South Africa. History as it is taught is rarely the version lived by those at the time.

And now Queenie is dying... killed by Johnson and Truss...

1:36 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It's sad but not surprising that so much history gathers dust in forgotten libraries.

Yep, the Queen has possibly seen enough of mediocre politicians and some of the other nonsense she has endured these past several years and I say that as a republican. It will be the end of an era.

4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home