After an early night I was up very early this morning. We spent an hour in B & Q (DIY store) yesterday buying some MDF and getting it cut to size as well as buying a rug and some storage boxes. This was followed by a trip to the GP for Sue, a walk and then shopping so I was exhausted as was Sue. She now has medication for an underactive thyroid and as she says she now rattles with the amount of tablets she takes. The one bonus of early rising is that it is cool enough to get some more garden clearance done and the garden bin is once again full. Spiders and cobwebs everywhere presaging autumn. A chat with my neighbour whose nuclear bomb shelter (shed) is slowly making progress and now a welcome cup of coffee and feet up.
The engine and some other small parts are resin and have to be sawed / cut carefully whilst wearing a mask. CA (super glue) has to be used for resin and happily I bought one that has a brush applicator which is easier to apply.
The kettenkrad is 1/48 scale for the future planned diorama but I plan to have this, the trailer and some figures ready before building the aircraft. I brush painted thin layers of desert yellow and buff on and will add a later layer before a wash and decals. I try not to have two kit builds on the go but waiting for the putty to fully harden on the plane allowed me time to start the second build in between visits from the demands of the cats. Maisie has fallen in love with the new rug, rolling around on it and meowing and last night she slept on it. There must be something in the materials or chemicals that is attracting her to it.
Time for a well deserved shower to wash off the garden dirt, sweat and cobwebs!
TTFN.



4 Comments:
Hopefully treatment helps Sue, and she feels better if she felt poorly before.
It's been a while since you shared a completed diorama, I look forward to it.
Hope the neighborhood is quieter the rest of your weekend. Cheers!
Thank you Scott. We're hoping the tiredness will be addressed by this.
Yes, a while since I completed a diorama as space a premium and life got in the way!! Summers better spent outside.
Do hope Sue feels less tired soon.
I'm always interested in seeing the various supports and stands you use to rest things on while building.
I am shocked by how many trees have dropped or are dropping their leaves, down south. It's like late October for birches and horse chestnuts in particular.
Thank you BW.
This support is purpose built for model aircraft but I still end up jury rigging something for biplanes and I will do the same for this build.
Yes, we noticed whilst out this weekend how many trees are turning and already losing their leaves. Lack of water I guess but I wonder if it presages a harsh or mild winter?
Post a Comment
<< Home