We went for a morning walk to stretch our legs, get some fresh air and to see this...
The latest mural commissioned for the town centre harking back to Grimsby's fishing heritage and promoting a positive image of the own. Hopefully there will be further murals reflecting local history.
It's good to see and report something positive amidst all the doom and gloom in the media. Having stretched our legs, had a look at the swans and the large cygnets we did some shopping and headed home as both tired from the walk and my knee was playing up. For the latter I plan to do some short walks each day and build up my strength again as an ex-work colleague posted up some pictures of Vindolana and I remain keen to get up there and look around. That's on my planned itinerary for next year as I would like to get myself fit for some walks next year.
Time for a coffee and to complete the Heinkel He 219 and grab some sunshine in the garden this afternoon.
TTFN.

4 Comments:
Good murals are nice to see, thanks for sharing. They're even painting up the utility boxes over here. Some sides of buildings even get new murals every few months.
The patellar tendon in my right knee, the one I busted up back in 2010, gets bothersome when walking in the cold, and sometimes even now in the warm. Still, I've been walking this year more than ever. Now if I could just stay hungry more often I might actually lose more weight!
Did you see Vindolanda on a recent programme? I think it might have been Countryfile last week or the week before.
Hopefully by the time you get up here the builders might have finished and then you can use us as a base. It would be good to finally meet you in person after all these years!
Do commissioned murals lead to more tagging by the amateurs, or do they leave the artworks alone
I missed that BW. I tend to try and watch or read anything about Hadrian's Wall.
Yes. I'd love to get up there and meet you all. I do need to sort my weight and health out.
Some commissioned murals have sadly been tagged and vandalised. Hopefully this one will be left alone but the feral have no respecter anyone or anything.
I'm with you there Scott regarding my knee and I need to discipline my appetite.
Post a Comment
<< Home