An update on the damp course work here in week four...yes, it will go to week 5 next week with a finish planned for next Tuesday! I shan't say any more for now as it would not surprise me if Tuesday becomes Wednesday in the minds of the builders. What I will say is that the bloke who has worked the last two days is excellent, fast, efficient and cleans up afterwards.
Work had an added bonus today as I spotted the following beauties and chatted with the owner who gave me a brief tour (I was in between visits) and history.
A Fordson van c1947 (Fordson E83W)
A 1947 Canadian Ford V8 Monarch.
He has an old Moggie Minor and a Ford Prefect but the two above were a sight for sore eyes and I can pop back to have a look anytime. I had a student with me and she was surprised by my enthusiasm and excitement but these are two vehicles I had never seen prior to today.
I have also made progress with the Messerschmitt Bf 109E and it is ready for a pin wash and light weathering before calling it done. I am itching to start on the next build but it is a complex one and I shall hold off until the work is completed...However, there are other simpler builds awaiting my attention!
I have three days off now and I am glad to escape. Tired and looking forward to some time spent in the garden although the noisy new neighbours and their friends in the drugs house have lived down to expectations. Noise, late nights, alcohol, blue lights and other assorted shenanigans...
The Tory election...Meh!
4 Comments:
Builders and old cars. Two subject I know far far too much about, sadly!
Lol. I thought of you whilst I wrote the blog! I honestly admire the grit and determination of you and Mr BW where builders are concerned.
Sorry to hear it's going longer than planned, but that's normally how it seems to go. BW well knows, for sure.
Restoring old cars would be interesting but much more expensive than modeling!
Enjoy your time off, and really sorry you have to live close to things like that. I have in the past so I understand the frustration.
Had to google Tory election. At least the process is moving forward to remove your Bojo.
Thanks Scott, it is taking longer than expected but the end is finally in sight. Last night was a quiet night so I think the ambulance and police yesterday had a dampening effect on the new neighbours!
Lol, I won't go anywhere near old cars apart from looking at them. I discovered with the Lexus what a money pit even a relatively old car is.
Yes, Johnson going but another lying creep, possibly even worse taking over. Utter shambles.
Post a Comment
<< Home