Saturday, July 09, 2022

 


This is the current state of play...



Render is on most walls in the two front rooms but...


The hallway and back room still awaiting render. Looking at it all progress has been made but I now believe the work will take at least another three days.


After yesterday's wonderful sunshine it is four degrees cooler today and cloudy. I will still sit out and soak up what little sunshine there is. Hopefully this time next week we can sit in comfy chairs. Time to order in lots of cleaning materials as the mess is horrendous and we'll be busy with the bucket and mop following completion of the work. I also need to find out how soon after the plaster has dried we can paint the walls.

I see every creepy crawling thing is throwing their hats in the ring for the leadership campaign. Can we advertise for another Guy Fawkes. preferably one that succeeds this time. We can then invite the grown ups back although the social media campaign for "Go Nads" (Nadine Dorries) to try for the leadership made me chuckle.

Tea and left over garlic bread for breakfast, living the Life of Really?

TTFN.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I'm not seeing the pictures, just black boxes. Maybe just as well! How you are coping with having the whole house in chaos and full of workment I have no idea.

Here's hoping they are working to a fixed price and not on day rate, and that they will be gone soon.

There is someone who has declared an interest in the leadership who would be worse than Johnson and only work to her own minority agenda. Not a well-known name, except to people in her constituency (one of the safest seats in the country) who she has let down very very badly.

2:54 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

The photos aren't showing? I'll do a test blog with a cat photo and one of these photos.

Yes, one fixed price thankfully and Sue is struggling to cope now, feeling down. But we spent this afternoon planning the clean up and I have ordered some mop heads for this. We can't wait to clean up!

Is it the member for Harrow by any chance? I googled her as I know very little about her but she is apparently to the right of Johnson!! That will really unite communities!

4:19 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

No, it's the opposite side of London and up a bit. If she gets in there will be reverse apartheid on the UK (it's her only interest).

I went to the 'hustings' before she was elected and what came out of her mouth was the exact opposite of what happened and what she did when she got in (she took over from an excellent long-standing MP who really cared about his consituency, she doesn't even live in the consituency). Truly self-centred and self-serving. Husband is a high-level banker. Nuff said.

Let me know ho you find the mops - I'm still looking for a good one!

Pics now showing OK, thanks.

7:00 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

I now know who you are talking about BW. Not one that is known to me but probably typical of many of these new MP's.

We have ordered some Vileda mop heads and I will let you know how good they are.

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home