Friday, June 03, 2022

 


Progress this morning on the new build with some scratch built parts added using old plastic spares and paper. I have a couple of small scratch build bits to add to the interior but that is pretty much complete. Wings, ailerons, etc...to add tomorrow and then a clean up of the plastic as it needs degreasing. First time in ages I have had to do that and usually it consists of a dip in soapy water and then dried out. I intend to lay down a base coat of a light olive drab and then the dark green camouflage on top. A simple build for this weekend and probably followed by a couple of simple builds over what will be a busy several weeks.


I treated myself to a new mug for work having managed to bounce my cats mug off the floor and discovered it did not bounce! A mug from the Tank Museum featuring the legend that is David Fletcher, a legend in tank enthusiast circles. I have mentioned that I have an odd selection of 'heros' including Fred Dibnah and Phil Harding (Archaeologist), well  David Fletcher is another one. Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, an understated British humour and happy to potter around tanks although he admitted in an interview his first love is railways but generally any sort of transport. It is his books about the Rolls Royce Armoured car I bought to go with my planned future build although I now have a hankering to build several versions for a WW1 western front, interwar desert version and an Irish civil war version. I may have dropped down an enthusiasts rabbit hole here! 


I also have two of his books about British made tanks of WW1 and WW2 as reference guides. I shall resist buying any more Rolls Royce kits for now although I might buy a WW1 tank as I am fascinated by the history of how they came about and I have an excellent book, unfortunately on kindle about the background history of it all. Reading about the politicians, generals and heads of industries during that period and men have a cheek to say women are two faced, bitchy and emotional! Blimey, these are grown men and supposedly responsible adults!! What applied to 1914 - 19 also applies to the current world as regards human behaviour 'Cough! Boris...Khan...Starmer...Cough!'

Time for tea and a cream bun.

TTFN.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home