Not a lot to say as third week in and the work is still not finished. To say we are fed up would be an understatement but the end is in sight with the last of the rendering to complete plus boarding up an alcove and then the plasterwork and woodwork. Hopefully the middle of next week will see completion but the salt on some of the walls was horrendous and held up proceedings.
This the latest delivery, a short run New Zealand kit from twenty years ago but cheap and a challenge to complete despite very few parts. I haven't been able to do any modelling at all as everything packed away. With no TV I have been reading once I have returned from work and following the Wastemonster shenanigans on the net. Work has been extremely busy and I had some positive news this week but today some very negative news as masks have returned. I shall spend as little time in the office as possible to avoid that nonsense.
The cats are anxious and need lots of reassurance which wasn't helped by Maisie being stuck in one of the rooms for a few hours as the men worked. She comes in for food, a fuss and then runs away. But today was lovely and sunny, sitting out topping up the vitamin D and the cats happily sat around us. I have been ploughing through the books and I do not miss the TV but boy do I miss a comfy armchair.
TTFN.

3 Comments:
Masks returning for everyone at many hospitals I understand, and with 1 in 25 covid infection rates, rightly so I think.
I feel sorry for staff, but, needs must.
I'm so sorry, I can only imagine how miserable you must be, for this long now, being at home but not 'home' with all of it a construction site currently. More work stress on top of that, I'd go mad! All my best and hope the results are well worth it for you.
All my best for the cats, too. Cats need control and territory, and this disrupts both.
I was up at 4 this morning to find Maisie and Sherlock banging on the door for breakfast, Maisie wandered around the house twice to check things out, ate her breakfast and promptly threw up. She's not happy at all.
Yes, stressful hence awake so early!
Post a Comment
<< Home