Friday was spent waiting for the electrician to find and repair whatever the fault is that shorts out the lights. Booked between 8 am and 1 pm, he arrived at 4! A faulty wire to one particular light but he explained why we have electrical problems in the kitchen, that we need a new fuse board with eight RCD / fuses rather than the current three fuse box from the seventies! We knew that and we have requested a quote for the work and I will then shop around for further quotes for the work. One job completed results in two new jobs but not unexpected with old houses. We managed to get to the GP for Sue's appointment following his late arrival.
Whilst waiting for the electricians arrival I cracked on with a simple build from the stash...
It will be a simple build but the fun will be in painting the model and this was cheap because there were no decals with it. I have bought some aftermarket decals and I have a specific build in mind.
I am reading a series of three books called Alarmstart and I am now on the third book which has some details about the particular pilot. I have three of these model aircraft by different companies and hope to model three different types. This is the progress from Saturday with a good fit but sprue goo filling and sanding of the seams required. The pilot, cockpit and engines interior brush painted and ready for assembly of smaller parts.
We also now have the tools to tackle the willow tree in the garden, an extendable lopper / saw and a mini chainsaw. Given the next few days are going to be extremely hot and avoiding any unusual activity in the garden which is currently the sanctuary for the cats I shall leave this for now. I also continue to have a marked reluctance to cutting down trees but I have a plan to keep the tree stump and turn it into a bird table safe from the cats. If it does come down completely I have the small cherry tree ready to go into a larger pot for the corner of the garden.
For today, a quiet day spent trying to keep cool but it is lovely to have a properly hot summer. I wonder if this presages a cold snowy winter just when fuel poverty really bites. We'll see but I might need to store the willow offcuts for winter fuel...
TTFN.



4 Comments:
We went from a 5 to a 16 fuse board (heaven knows why!), so I understand your pain!
At least you will be OK for a few years when it is all done.
We have a bit of a heat wave coming here, so the air conditioning will be coming on likely by midday tomorrow for at least a week. We've been lucky with lots of open window time so far.
Sounds like you'll be hotter for a few days. Do you have air conditioning at the house, or just fans? Is air conditioning common in homes there?
That's what we are hoping for BW but I foresee some sort of work needed as extra jobs come up.
Air con in homes here in the UK is unusual Scott. We have it in modern offices and I hope it is working at work today. Keep cool over there.
The UK is further north, so I imagine AC isn't as necessary much of the summertime there. I'd say having AC at home is prevalent over here, but by no means does everyone have it. And the less we have to use ours the happier I am.
That being said, good luck sleeping in the heat you're getting. Hope the office AC is working well.
Post a Comment
<< Home