Friday, July 29, 2022

 No pictures yet of the completed work as the plasterer is coming in tomorrow to render around the new door frame and he plans to then plaster one evening next week. We are still moving things around and planning how best to use the space. Moving a large armchair yesterday evening and I felt a spasm of pain in my back so we are both taking a slow, gradual approach as we are both tired and generally letting everything settle down.


Any spare time has been spent in the garden in the fresh air although it has been cool with showers over the last few days. The ground is dry and cracks appearing in the lawn but I have maintained the plants and this rose bush is thriving. We also have small green tomatoes on both plants, better late than never. The cats are getting used to the return to normality and all three slept in the house the other night.




Maisie has spent this summer sleeping in the garden and doesn't travel too far as she was won't to do as she has grown older. She is approximately seven years old now and Sherlock is eight. 

I also managed to do some modelling today and I was like a dog with two tails finally able to return to my hobby. This build has sat on the side for a few weeks but this morning I managed to attach the undercarriage and some other small parts. The small container of paints is an approximate RLM paint colours for late war German aircraft and I will be brush painting this model. I also have aftermarket decals for a specific aircraft from 1945.


I have to admit doing this this morning felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I felt very relaxed.  This will occupy me this weekend and probably into next week as we continue sorting out the furniture and cleaning up. Hopefully you all have a relaxed, safe and summery weekend.

TTFN.


3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Love the roses, I've heard they can be hard to grow. Every step back to 'home' is good. Hope you have a nice weekend, too. Cheers!

1:16 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

That rose is looking healthy? What are you feeding it to get it like that? Hope you've had some rain now. We've had quite a bit and it's improved things a lot in the garden.

Hope the workmen are all out of your hair soon - it's so wearing constantly having people around, turning up and going home when they feel like it, and expecting you to always be available and welcoming, isn't it? It's the weekend and evening working that annoys me most.

And glad you are able to do some modelling again. Other than gardening I've almost forgotten what hobbies are!

9:16 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks. The plasterer called yesterday and did some rendering to the door way. He will plaster and finish one evening next week and that should be it.
Yes, it is wearing so my hat's off to you BW and your husband as the last six weeks have been minor compared with what you are going through. It is the lack of control and I found daily dicussions but otherwise leaving them to it helped me.

The roses: this plant has thrived but the other one looks dreadful. I do feed them with blood and bone, some tomato feed and they are watered daily but I will prune back severely this coming late autumn. Sadly, I chose these roses for colour and hadn't considered scent and I would like another one for scent. It has rained, glorious rain for the last two days and heavily overnight.

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home