A quick model update, mainly for my records but this morning saw progress on my latest build This one built out of the box as a quick cheap build as I currently prefer to spend time in the garden. A thin lightly brushed light grey acrylic paint which I will allow to dry before turning the plane over and brush painting to top surfaces, then a second thinned covering of the same paint. I will then add the darker grey splodges before a clear coat to seal it in.
The Willow tree is looming large over the garden whilst the pigeons continue to nest in the upper branches. Interestingly, not one of our cats has ever attempted to climb the tree although they take a keen interest in the various birds that use it.
Otherwise a quiet day at home with temperatures hitting 27° Celsius, cold squash and salads being the order of the day.
Quick update: We went for a walk by the river and then to B & M to check paint colours, cheap shelving and carpet tiles. Some of the latter bought and tester paints to try on the walls. We have identified some shelving for various rooms but I have been offered a large wooden shelf unit from work that is being thrown out and I offered to recycle it for my books and to display some of the completed models.
TTFN.


4 Comments:
I understand how you've been torn between keeping and removing the tree. The birds' nest to put it off is good, for now. Once removed will you be planting a different kind of tree somewhere in that area?
Enjoy the remodeling, you and Sue. And then hope you don't have to go through it ever again. :)
Yes, definitely hope to avoid ever doing that again.
We have an electrician booked but just a day and half max for that.
I have plans for a small cherry tree which is in a small pot currently. It will go into a larger pot and gradually increase that over time and be placed in the corner. I still hanker for a shed with power, wi-fi and a comfy armchair in it plus a cooler for the beers!
YOu could put a shed where the tree is now and it would block the neighbours...
Trees in pots - we have found that a great way to help them survice these mad climate events is to bury them in the ground down to half the height of the pot. Saves a lot of watering and allows them to get roots out of the pot, but still enables you to move it if you have to - just scrape away the soil and cut through the small roots growing outside of the pot.
Thank you BW, that is an excellent suggestion about the Cherry tree. I shall give that a go when autumn arrives.
Yes, a shed to block the neighbours at the back and a place to relax.
Post a Comment
<< Home