Saturday, August 06, 2022

Finally the damp course work is finished with the last of the plasterwork completed today. There is still the rubble run to complete but they are aware of this and will do that soon. Whilst the chap was completing the plaster work I was in the garden using the new toys, an extendable lopper and saw and a mini chainsaw. Just a small amount of the lower branches removed from the tree as I have ordered some climbing rope and my neighbour has kindly offered me the use of his ladder. My plan is to tie the ladder at the top securely to the branches and using more rope tied around the higher large branches to cut and drop them safely. I will do the work in stages over a couple of weekends and naturally there will be before and after photographs when I do the job. We also popped out to to buy more temporary carpet offcuts which will do us for immediate future.



We had planned to visit the international food market in Cleethorpes today but will instead join Sherlock in sitting out in the garden soaking up the sun instead. Sadly I find after even a short amount of physical work my knee and back let me quickly know I am not as young as I used to be!

I haven't mentioned work for a while and that's because it has gone from bad to worse. Next month we might be in the position of having just five nurses with three of us part-time and no immediate or senior managers as they are leaving. We can't attract any staff and currently it is best I say no more apart from the fact that we are one of the better staffed community teams! I have to admit I am very happy I reduced my hours when I did but I feel sorry for those just starting out in their careers. 

But time for a cold drink and some of that lovely sunshine (20° C or 70° F).

n.b. I was wrong, now cutting the offcuts to size and fitting them in.

TTFN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Be careful with the tree, with your back and knee. But I can't blame you, hiring someone to remove a tree can be awfully expensive.

91ºF (33ºC) and humid here today, too steamy to do anything outside. Thankfully just for today as the rest of the week is milder. How long did your hot spell last?

11:17 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

The hot spell for us lasted two days with excessively high temperatures and then back to normal. My mum has had hot weather for the past two weeks but in the mid - late twenties and no rain at all. A normal summer really apart from those two days.

Yes, I will be very careful and take my time with the tree, just remove sections along a horizontal line each time. I don't really want to cut it down but it is starting to dominate the garden and block out light for the raised bed.

10:02 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I think there is a book to be writtren by us delcatto: 'How to survive builders'.

1. Wine
2. More wine
3. Even more wine

etc etc (add own tipple of choice)

10:35 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. Yes, in my case beer and I have bought a couple of good Malt Whiskies in for the winter but celebrated with a glass yesterday evening to toast the end of the damp proof work!

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home