The final reveal for the Heinkel He 219 early 1945 to which I added a very light wash weathering.
An enjoyable and straightforward build with no problems encountered although I struggled to add weight to the front hence the clear sprue support at the back.
My last three builds all in 1/72 scale and all late war German aircraft. I have a kit lined up but I will consider what I would like to build next. This is partly because work will be busy but also because there are future jobs to do around home plus there might be a glitch to getting the electrical work done as the electrician asked if we have an isolation switch? I replied there is an off safety switch for the electrical box but he replied this is not an isolation switch. Trying to obtain an answer from my electrical supplier is proving difficult as they are more interested in anything pertaining to money / payments but no response to this question. This is the ancient box in question...
I will chase it up again with the company planning to do the working hear what they have to say but I might have to have an isolation switch fitted before any other work. For the next build I am torn between a quick simple kit build or to start a slow long build over the next several weeks and get in some time at the table as and when I have time.
TTFN.



2 Comments:
Do you have a smart meter? If not, if you get one, I think that they will fit an isolation switch for free as part of it. Otherwise it could be several hundred pounds.
That said, I fail to see why you need one... consumer units (fuse boxes) can easily be changed without one. Wwe have one down south as we have solar panels that can run off-grid (needs isolating so the engineers working on the power outage don't get fried by our panels feeding into the grid on what is otherwise a dead circuit) and we have one here as we have a new electrical system (with the facility to now run the whole house off a generator - 11 days without power after Storm Arwen taught us the value of such a system), but that new system/consumer unit was put in well before the smart meter.
Depends on your electricity company as to how long you might have to wait to get a smart meter...
And a grey giraffe print plane! Wonderful!
A giraffe plane. Lol, I hadn't thought of that.
Eon finally got back to me and will fit an isolation switch for £98.00 which sounds good to me. I will enquire about a quote for the other work and compare but I cancelled the other work for now as I have a potential car issue which might be expensive and the car is now fourteen years old. It rattles but drives very well. However, strange banging noises from the rear below needs to be looked at asap. I may finally have to look at a replacement car but I'll hold off until prices for second hand cars drop.
Post a Comment
<< Home