Friday, January 24, 2014


I nearly forgot that tomorrow is Burns night so out I rushed and bought in a Haggis and a malt whisky. The former is a vegetarian haggis which is lower in fat; the latter is a Glen Moray Chardonnay Cask matured malt which I hadn't tried until now. Very tasty it is too. I opted for the veggie haggis because not only is it low fat but I might tempt Mrs C. into trying some. A sheep's stomach stuffed with sheep's offal can be off putting for many and it certainly is for her. Having grown up on good solid Irish fare including roasted stuffed lambs hearts, black and white puddings, etc... Haggis is a tasty dish.

I will cook it with neeps and tatties although I may give the bagpipes a miss. They aren't as tasty unless battered and deep fried. I may follow it up with a deep fried battered Mars Bar!... or not as the case will be.


On Sunday it is Australia Day so a kangaroo and a can of XXXX may be required!

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Haggis? You are a braver man than I.

1:45 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

It's delicious. Introduced to Britain by the Romans!

11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home