Friday, January 17, 2014

Car went in for it's MOT today and it failed! Now booked in for necessary repairs next Monday as brake lines need replacing and the rattly exhaust I reported needs a new bracket. Not bad for a ten year old runabout that has travelled far too many miles for it's own good, transported baths, furniture, various animals and all sorts of rubbish within its Tardis like interior over the last five years.


                                    (Similar model to the 'Beast').

I booked her in a bit early because I will be travelling down to Colchester at the end of the month to visit family and give my Mum a hand with some things around her house. Well... I say house but it is an old cottage which I believe was thrown up 170 + years ago when buildings regulations depended upon one's relationship with the local gentry and a donation of several crisp white fivers. I always feel like a giant in a dolls house when I stay there and there really isn't enough room to swing a cat. I have worked out that over the last several months my monthly mileage has been about 150 miles which is remarkable compared to my previous mileage. She needs a good run out then and the trip down and back will do that. I most google the long range weather forecast...

TTFN.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

End of January? Might we be able to finally meet up? *excited*

Forecast in these parts is for getting a bit colder, but not snow.

11:03 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Yes, we can meet up and now I am getting excited. The only two worries I have are the weather and if a job interview suddenly comes through! But no snow is good news and the latter is unlikely at the moment.

12:21 pm  
Blogger Sean Clark said...

If you're down that way< i hope the MOT repairs spare enough funds to try out The Bulmer Fox http://www.thebulmerfox.com/
Not spam, genuine recommendation

6:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I saw your comment on fb & I am intrigued. Tbh it is so near Colchester I'd have tea & grub at my Mum's. Does it sell real ale? I'd be tempted then.

10:18 pm  
Blogger Sean Clark said...

They did have one real ale on, but I resisted temptation as I was between customer visits!

10:23 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

It's on the Sudbury to Braintree Road delcatto. Often full of badly behaved posho brats. Not cheap and also doesn't do reservations which annoys a lot of locals. There are better places around that are better Value and aren't on a main road :)

(with apologies to Sean!)

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home