Thursday, January 16, 2014



I am chuffed to bits! The band in the video above is playing at the local Biker Bar in March and I bought meself a ticket. One of my favourite bands from the sixties and I will get to see them play live on my doorstep. Well... two of the original band members which includes Bev Bevan who was also instrumental in ELO. It's a shame Roy Wood isn't with them but I believe there have been 'musical differences' between them for many years so it is unlikely to happen. However, I am excited and Mrs C. was surprised by the speed I disappeared out through the door to buy the ticket. She doesn't like small clubs, finding them crowded and noisy whereas I love small venues. They have a lot of local bands, covers bands (see the gig list) and some original (ish) bands - Peter and the Test Tube Babies are a punk band from the late seventies performing on Valentines Day! Check out You Tube for them. I think I'll be going to see Voodoo Vegas in February because they sound pretty good too.



 It's good to support live music and Yardbirds Club's well stocked bar.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Sounds like fun, actually sounds like something I do every chance I get. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

10:57 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Peter and the Test Tube Babies - I'm sure I remember seeing them back then!

10:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home