Thursday, January 02, 2014


All I can say is "Bugger! A fine start to the new year".
I took the pooch out for a brisk walk yesterday and I can only blame myself for what happened next. An excruciating pain in my right leg, running from the lower calf to my heel. By the time I got home I couldn't weight bear on my right foot and I was leaning on walls, lamp posts, whatever was to hand. Not easy to do with an excitable and curious dog in tow. Ice applied, leg elevated and strapping applied. All my plans for yesterday gone awry and today was spent doing much the same. It is astonishing how being confined to home suddenly makes one realise how many other great things there are to do outside of home. Today, the pain has reduced and I can weight bear but I am being very cagey about what I will do and I am resting my leg as much as possible. With Mrs C. still recovering from her accident and my incident yesterday, we presented a wonderful sight limping slowly to Sainsbugs with the shopping trolley in tow. Never mind, feet up and no better excuse required to load up the kindle.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I would say, things can only get better, but I wouldn't like to tempt fate...

Happy New Year, and hope this is a good one for you.

8:09 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers BW. Rest and strapping has reduced the pain & I can walk again albeit slowly. The bull in the china shop approach to brisk walking was my own stupid fault so gentle walks it is for the forseeable future.

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home