Thursday, June 02, 2011

A busy morning spent in the garden: cutting the grass, transplanting the multitude of tomato plants into new pots and weeding. The cucumber, chilli and tomato plants are all looking very healthy although the younger plants I am keeping in the shade for now. The sun is blazing down as I type and imbibe of some much needed lime cordial. I also had to nip out to buy some new pots and compost. A helluva lot more tomato plants than I at first realised. The fun will now begin as I battle the slugs and snails who will be heading for the new 'restaurants' placed out for them. The corn salad I planted out has also really taken off and ready for harvesting. Given the news about the e coli outbreak which is being attributed to Spanish grown organic salad vegetables and cucumbers in particular, I'm quite glad to be growing my own. Mind you, I bought some Yorkshire grown cucumbers last week and they were delicious. I also have a small tub of wild flower seeds and I have prepared a large tub ready to scatter them in. That's my concession to Mrs C. to contain any wild flowers this year or "weeds" as she calls them. I bought  couple of new chairs for the garden and next on my list is some sort of barbecue, although I shall stick to the disposable ones. I am optimistic that we will have a sunny summer and hopefully during my days off. We'll see...
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

You read my mind! I almost commented yesterday to ask you about your garden and greenhouse. It is a relaxing and satisfying hobby. Our garden is off to a good start as well.

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home