Sunday, May 31, 2015

Well there's a surprise!
My son bought himself a nearly new car and sold his old one within a couple of hours. He needed something reliable for very early morning starts and for when he is called in at short notice for emergencies. Happily he opted for a sensible Kia with low mileage, zero tax and excellent mpg for his money. He researched everything very thoroughly and got himself a good deal. It also reminded me that I haven't posted any pictures of my big boys toy. Having ensured she was valeted I can now post up a picture.



I don't usually become attached to cars although the fact that I have hung on to the Suzuki says otherwise! But I do like this car and I particularly like the comfort and luxury of driving it. Ironically, the longest single journey I have taken in it is twenty odd miles. I say ironically because my old job saw me travelling one hundred plus miles per day.


The other irony is that come the weekend I prefer to walk and leave the cars parked up. Yesterday I took a lengthy stroll around town and popped into a new cafe.


This photo of Riverhead Coffee is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Since the local Starbucks closed down I haven't bothered with popping out for coffee but having a local non-chain coffee shop on my doorstep I could not resist. I am all for supporting local businesses so a comfy chair, a window on the world and an excellent Cappuccino proved ideal. Taking fifteen minutes to put my feet up and savour a quiet moment was just what was needed. I shall be using it regularly and hopefully it will go from strength to strength. This town could do with more investment but there are still lots of empty shops and empty brown field sites. Having talked about coffee I must now put the kettle on for a decent cup of tea.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congrats to your son, sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders and takes the action to back it up. Did he get any of that from the old man? ;)

I'm glad you still like the Lexus, and I hope it treats your back much better. And the less time behind the wheel the better no matter how nice the ride, I say.

So what are the plans for the Suzuki? Does your wife use it or does she have her own? My wife and I gave our old car to a friend of her dad's. This woman does errands for and helps look after him so it was a no-brainer.

11:27 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scoakat.
I use the Suzuki for the local journeys only about twice a week. My wife doesn't drive although I have suggested she should learn to drive.

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home