Well that wasn't pleasant but sadly it was necessary. After suffering for the last 24 hours I finally got in to see the emergency dentist and he had to extract the offending tooth. I'm now sat with a mouth full of wadding and the pain relief from the injections is wearing off. I'm certainly glad that I live in the 21st century rather than endure 17th century dentistry as pictured above! I had the misfortune to suffer an assault by a patient twenty years ago where his punch fairly rattled my jaw. Over the last few years I have lost three teeth on the part of the jaw where I was hit. I'm assuming that the loss of these teeth may be a result of this but, who knows. Luke warm tea, paracetamol and some nonsense DVD to distract me is required. Unhappily, Mrs C has made a wonderful Sunday roast dinner and all I can do is look at it!
TTFN.

2 Comments:
Sorry to hear, Delcatto. I hope you're feeling better soon!
No roast, how about a whisky?
That picture made me shudder.
Hope you're feeling better now and the wound is healing.
What happened to the patient who hit you then, and what would happen in a similar situation now?
Post a Comment
<< Home