Sunday, March 29, 2015


Well that wasn't pleasant but sadly it was necessary. After suffering for the last 24 hours I finally got in to see the emergency dentist and he had to extract the offending tooth. I'm now sat with a mouth full of wadding and the pain relief from the injections is wearing off. I'm certainly glad that I live in the 21st century rather than endure 17th century dentistry as pictured above! I had the misfortune to suffer an assault by a patient twenty years ago where his punch fairly rattled my jaw. Over the last few years I have lost three teeth on the part of the jaw where I was hit. I'm assuming that the loss of these teeth may be a result of this but, who knows.  Luke warm tea, paracetamol and some nonsense DVD to distract me is required. Unhappily, Mrs C has made a wonderful Sunday roast dinner and all I can do is look at it!
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Sorry to hear, Delcatto. I hope you're feeling better soon!
No roast, how about a whisky?

1:01 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

That picture made me shudder.

Hope you're feeling better now and the wound is healing.

What happened to the patient who hit you then, and what would happen in a similar situation now?

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home