Saturday, April 04, 2015

Marvellous! Four days off over Easter and I have yet another cold. I believe this may be my fifth cold since October or else it is the same one with breaks for adverts for cold and flu products. So I shall be taking the latter plus lots of fluids and I will be confined to quarters. However, one advantage of the coughing is that I was up early and out shopping with Mrs C. In the local shopping centre there was a local man with three Barn Owls collecting on behalf of a local Barn Owl rescue service. I had mentioned this to Mrs C. yesterday so I was delighted to see and touch the Barn Owls. They are beautiful birds and I gave a good donation to his rescue work and happy to see someone dedicated to their care. He spoke about two of the birds being stolen but he managed to get them returned as the thieves lacked the wit or intelligence to realise these are birds of prey. Their claws apparently caused the thieves a few problems!

( Courtesy of the  Grimsby Telegraph  )

Back to tea and wrapping up warm although I will have to venture out if I want to have some beer this weekend. Hopefully you will all have a happy and relaxed Easter break. I shall be scanning t'net for any Morris sides out dancing this weekend.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I swear I left a comment here over the weekend! Another contribution to the black hole of commenting...

Hope you had a good weekend, and are recovering from your cold.

11:37 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers BW. The cold almost gone but Mrs C now has it.

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home