Sunday, May 18, 2014



Yesterday was extremely productive as I took advantage of the glorious sunshine to tackle some necessary work in the garden. The old fence came down very quickly and easily via the skilled approach of 'grabbit and pull hard'. That was the easy bit as was cleaning out all the muck before I tackled the fencing itself. Now, this should have been straightforward: measure up, hold trellis in place and drill through in the appropriate spots, ensure holes deep enough and insert rawl plugs. Then up goes the trellis and insert screws, tighten up and Bob's your uncle. The new cordless drill lasted fifteen minutes despite full charge so a change to the spare battery... no charge! After some fruity language, tea and a brief break I realised I wouldn't have to wait over three hours for the recharge because my old trusty drill was in the house somewhere. After twenty minutes of searching and rummaging through all sorts of stuff, including dumping some of it immediately in the bin, I found the drill in the first place I had looked in, rolled out the lengthy extension cord and I was back in action. With the application of proper mains power the job was very quickly completed and I looked upon my new trellis fence with some pride. A little minor fettling and it was complete.
Having spent the better part of the day fencing, gardening and keeping the pooch entertained, too late I realised that I had 'caught the sun'. I glowed a radioactive red upon my face, arms and legs. A quick shower and I lathered myself with E45 cream before settling down to recover from the various aches and pains in previously little used muscles. I have to admit that my first task this a.m. was to check that the fence was still up... I have blogged previously about my lack of DIY skills. But having caught too much sun yesterday I am keeping out of it today unless I am lathered in sun screen & wearing a large hat. Hopefully you've all had similarly good weather as spring finally shakes off it's winter coat and bathes us in its beneficence.
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home