Sunday, October 13, 2013

Yesterday I wrote of "battening down the hatches" and someone provided me with this information... Winter is on its way. Oh noes!! All joking aside, with the utilities again hiking up their prices, one way austerity and people, particularly the elderly, having to decide between eating or heating, this winter may well be a dreadful one for many. I say one way austerity because politicians, bankers, managerial types in both the private and public sectors do not appear to be overly effected by austerity. Reading stories of food banks, an increase in shop lifting and homelessness increasing does not bode well for the future. The headlines are sadly already prepared for the first winter deaths of elderly people and the usual insulated from reality politicians will jump on the bandwagon. I guess what we can do is look out for our neighbours, donate to food banks and local charities and prod the local councillors, etc...


Winter woollies, thick socks and boots are all being dragged out of cupboards and readied for the predicted snow. The one thing I am thankful for is that I will not be driving in it. However, for all of those who have to go out in it my fingers are crossed and that it is the met office and media making predictions that do not come true. Time will tell....

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home