Saturday, October 01, 2011

I have reached 51 and not out despite a couple of near misses years ago. Sadly I worked and was on call over my birthday, happily I was not called out. Two beers last night to celebrate but after a busy time at work and the hot weather I retired to bed at 10.15 pm. Hence I was awake at a ridiculous hour (02.30!) but eventually returned to the arms of morpheus. The mutt was ecstatic when we trooped off for her early morning walk at 06.30 and I still can't believe I was out in shorts and t-shirt on October 1st... just wonderful this late summer. Trawling through the news this a.m. and the news that the EU intend to take us to court unless we allow all and sundry to move here from Europe and claim benefits just beggars belief. My view which hasn't changed for many years is that we should leave the eu completely and look to trade agreements only. Why on earth should we work to support the feckless from all over Europe? In fact why bother working at all if this is to go ahead? I keep hoping the euro will collapse despite all the crap which will happen as a consequence of this. Usually I avoid discussing it after work colleagues told me I was a gloomy pessimist... what other type of pessimist is there? I pointed out I was a realist and I haven't been sucked in to the bread & circuses dross of reality shows on TV. Otherwise I am generally optimistic but rooted in reality and it is a fantasy world to expect money from nothing, bailing out banks, bankrolling useless and interfering bureaucrats / apparatchiks, etc... As for the strikes called for later this year I will be voting against it. It is not just a strike against pension changes but has widened to the usual suspects wanting to bring down the government citing it was not democratically elected, does not reflect the electorate, is cutting services and hurting people. The usual bullshit in fact. Sadly, I have little time for any of the three main parties whom I believe are all cut from the same cloth and remain completely disconnected from ordinary people. This will eventually end in tears...
On a positive note I have the weekend off and no plans apart from a couple of beers and to watch / listen to the Spurs v gooners game and to enjoy the sunshine whilst it lasts. Especially since the forecasts are for snow during October. Enjoy your weekends wherever you are...
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

The older I get the more I realise that most people just don't see (or want to see) past the end of their shallow little reality show/Daily Wail consumeristic lifestyles.

I've almost given up trying to have serious discussions about anything with anyone as I always end up feeling like banging my head on a wall as I'd at least then get a bruise...

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home