Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Bloody hell! Where has the time gone?
The first week of September almost finished and it was a very autumnal day out there. I have been rushed off my feet at work over the past week with hardly any time to sit still. Tomorrow is a day off but it will be spent arranging for a builder to quote a large and expensive job for me. We have a leak from somewhere outside and it has damaged some of the walls. So a builder to identify where the water is coming from (the dodgy guttering?) and a quote for the work involved. Once that's done the negotiations will commence with the bank and if money is secured, the work will hopefully begin.I hate dealing with banks and loans because of past experiences but I will crack on with it.

On the fat fighting front I have now lost 50 pounds in weight so I am a somewhat slimmer happy pig in the muck. Still some way to go but slowly and surely does it. Whilst out on my travels today I stopped off at a farmshop for their extremely low fat sausages. Chicken with sage and onion sausages went down a treat with mushrooms and homegrown tomatoes this evening. (bucketloads of tomatoes produced). They'll be the occasional treat though because of the price but certainly well worth it. Although todays journey was a long one I thoroughly enjoyed the countryside and the empty roads. However, two assessments, two hours driving, four hours of paperwork and telephone calls to all and sundry, it was a pleasure to change into jeans and drag the pooch out for a lengthy walk.  The plan is for a well deserved beer tonight with my feet up and a good book. As always... life in the fast lane!
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Lovely to hear things going well re job prospects and weight loss. Hope the house problem is less serious/expensive than it sounds.

9:48 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers BW. I am pursuing it through an insurance claim although I have little faith in them. They are keen to take the payments but paying out a claim... Lots of hoops to jump through.

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home