Tuesday, August 23, 2011


An update regarding my dieting. After two weeks away from work which necessitated fish & chips one night, KFC on another night and plenty of life sustaining nutritious beer I discovered at my local fat fighters club that I had gained 3 & 1/2 pounds. Discipline once again acquired and one week later I lost four pounds. In total that makes 47 & 1/2 pounds lost over the last nineteen weeks. Not bad considering I decided I was not going to give up beer and I have rediscovered my love of cooking fresh food. I am aiming to hit the target of fifty pounds over the next two weeks because it has a nice round sound to it. What I do enjoy is the new found energy I have and rooting for clothes in my wardrobe which once again fit me. It's also fascinating being the one man in a room full of women who sometimes forget I am present. But the group is very supportive and I heartily reccommend anyone to join up if they have weight problems. I find the external discipline of weekly attendance plus the support encourages my desire to do well. Interestingly, the KFC was not enjoyable (I felt distinctly unwell afterwards) and I don't think I'll bother with it again. If a local takeaway took on board some low fat recipes for favourite meals they would coin it in. As for the fish & chips... mmmm is all I can say.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congrats Del, you are lucky to have a good support group and the guts to go do it with them. I'm sure there are many options in my area, but I'm too bashful (read: lazy) to seek that out. I've got regular rehab in my immediate future and that should get me on the right track again. I have lost some but could lose another 40 pounds yet!

10:30 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat. I surprisingly feel quite motivated so I am striking whilst the iron is hot!

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home