Sunday, August 07, 2011

 As requested here are some pics of the triffids...


I had some left over tomato seeds from last year so I planted them and expected just two or three plants to emerge. Twelve of them survived and are thriving whilst I decided to get rid of several more. I let them grow too big but fruit are now growing on all of them. Two chilli plants are doing well as are the two cucumber plants. The latter I am particularly pleased with because this was my first attempt to grow them. The blackcurrant bush was cut back last year and is also doing very well. Plenty of fruit both from our garden and next door. I am reading through my gardening books regarding what to grow over the winter, especially in the little greenhouse although I will stick to appropriate hardy vegetables. Cabbages and garlic look to be the favourites for now so I will check out what is for sale in the local market. I have two large soft plastic containers plus a large tub ready for whatever I choose as well as plenty of home produced and shop bought compost. A work colleague who keeps donkeys has offered plenty of manure but I'm not too sure about that. When I start digging out trenches preparatory for next spring I may take him up on his kind offer.
Otherwise my plan is for a good clearout this autumn and hopefully I can have a spot cleared for a small shed. Everyone with a garden needs a shed where a suitable old armchair, radio and kettle for tea may be accommodated for the hard working gardener. Also room for homebrewing if possible as well as storage... this shed may well be bigger than the small shed I have suggested to Mrs C. It is more likely to be of a similar size to the one below...


TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm impressed! You have a lot of stuff, it makes our little garden look like a beginner's kit!
Good luck with the shed, though you may not want it big enough the Mrs. can move you out there when you've been bad! ;)

3:18 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Ssshhh! Don't give her ideas. She rolled her eyes when I expressed my desire for a shed.

3:32 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It's a bit of a jungle as the tomato plants have taken over. My plan for next year is two managed tomato plants only plus a a greater variety of vegetables.

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home