Monday, August 01, 2011


Intermittent service has been resumed after a much needed break from blogging.
I had little of interest to say and I was, quite frankly, sick and tired of what appeared to me to be lots of whining on the internet interspersed with a lot of gratuitous hostility. Much of the latter undoubtedly necessary because people feel powerless or overwhelmed by the bullshit and lies in political circles and a safety valve is needed. However, dealing on a daily basis at work with 'high expressed emotions' and political bullshit I felt the need for a break and scented flowers and cuddly kittens.
So what has been happening? Not a lot to tell the truth although I continue to shrink and I am 3 stones and 5 pounds lighter.  Work is increasingly frantic and the past several weeks has been incredibly hectic. The string, chewing gum and goodwill holding things together is of a cheaper make compared with last year and the goodwill has finally gone. Remarkably the slick PR gets ever more garish as behind the lights and make up the system slowly grinds to a halt. No. 1 son lost his job but he was recently interviewed for another electrical apprenticeship and we are awaiting the results of that. If successful he will have a further interview and only then will he be offered the job or the door. Fingers, as ever, are crossed as we wish him luck. As for the past few weeks of the meeja fest... meh. The Marianas Trench has room enough for politicians, media personalities and other assorted parasites with room for unnecessary slebs and hangers on. It's probably better for my sanity to concentrate on positive things such as the excellent cucumbers I have successfully grown. There is also a fine crop of cherry tomatoes and chillies from the garden as well as the goodly neighbours providing blackcurrents and apples. In fact, this years crop is the best I have seen for a long while. There are lots of berries on various trees so does this presage another cold winter? We'll see soon enough but there is still plenty of summer left to enjoy and I now have two weeks off for rest and recuperation.
TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

Congrats on the continued weightloss and I've heard good reports from your neighbours about the crops.

I hit my 3 stone mark this weekend, no doubt encouraged by the free salad from the greenhouse! All 3 varieties of chili continue to look more menacing by the day. Doubt I'll be able to resist much longer :o)

9:29 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

You can never have enough chillies. Congrats to you for the weight loss too. I'm having a much needed beer after several days abstinence to celebrate.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Congrats on the diets! I'm in a holding pattern, not eating much but still unable to exercise yet.
Also, good luck to your son. Jobs are hard to get here, too. I have a friend who has been looking for upwards of 2 years now.
Good job on the garden! Feel free to post pics!

3:59 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Well done thin man!

Cucumbers straight from the plant are unbeatable.

Enjoy your break.

5:53 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks folks. I will post some pics and more cucumbers picked this morning.

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home