Friday, September 23, 2011

Sadly, I have of late had little time to devote to my blog. The usual excuses apply, namely work, work and yet more work. Eleven and twelve hour days, covering for colleagues off sick or otherwise unavailable as well as having to work on calls and meet deadlines. When I do have spare time I get stuck into real life and I have ignored the PC over the past two weeks. However, I now have four days off and to make the most of them I was up at 05.30 this morning when Mrs C's alarm went off. Not a problem because the pooch got an extended early walk and I was out as soon as the sun was up to pick more tomatoes. I have been eating them by the bucketload as well as giving them away at work, slimming world , friends and neighbours. Mind you, I received fresh laid eggs and a bottle of homemade Hawthorne 'wine' in return. The eggs were absolutely superb, a revelation compared to their pale and flavourless counterparts from the supermarkets. During the walk we witnessed paramedics attending to one of the local homeless in the centre of town whilst the pooch was fussed over by two old ladies.
On the fat fighting front I have now achieved a four stone weight loss. Last week I started a gentle exercise regime which I haven't had a chance to do this week with my skewed working hours. The dog is also healthier for the extra walks and lack of access to the cats food. I'll also be celebrating my birthday in the next week and I had my ego stroked by a student nurse who put my age at 43. The healthier lifestyle plus good genes is paying off! I also decided to take a break from reading the financial and other news to protect my own sanity. I have come to the conclusion that politicians and economists really do not have a clue and that maybe I should worry about other things. Falling space hardware as Chicken Licken's sky falls in. Anyway, here's a picture of a hopeful Mog...


He's hoping for more ham having discovered the large white box that magically distributes it. Sadly for him he hasn't yet learned how to open the fridge although it's not from want of trying.
TTFN.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

4 stone? Amazing! Very well done.

I agree on the economics. Unbelievable what's going on.

Happy Birthday for whenever it is.

9:13 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Congrats on the weight loss and I hope you have a great birthday!

10:25 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you folks. The weight loss is hard work but what amazes me is that it is a mental attitude. Something clicked & I thought'This is down to me... stop the denial'. It works & I am a happier person.
I'll be 51 on the 29th Sept. although I am working & on call that day. I asked for the weekend off so I might watch the England v Scotland rugby match. It's early in the a.m. so no whisky but I might cook a haggis for the occasion as I cheer on England.(My Celtic forbears are spinning in their graves!).

11:01 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

It's the 29th now - hope you're having a great day! I'll raise a glass to you.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home