Sunday, September 25, 2011

A weekend spent tidying up the garden, planting out bulbs and keeping the pooch happy. I rather overdid the alcohol on Friday evening, imbibing rather too freely of some plum schnapps on top of three beers. Consequently Saturday was taken at a sedate pace as I pottered about including marinading some chicken for the kebabs I cooked in the evening. This included some home grown chillies and one of Seany's home grown Scotch Bonnets was also added to the marinade. Mrs C was not impressed ("too hot!") whereas I thoroughly enjoyed it. Today was roast turkey but also some homemade apple and blackberry crumble (slimming world style) with blackberries from the neighbours, apples picked at work plus some homemade wine added to the mix. All in all a good result and I am stuffed to the gunnells.
It's that time of the year where the nights really draw in and I think "That was summer?". I like to sit out with a cup of tea and watch the night draw in but it's currently chucking it down. Watering the plants is one less job although I think the tomato plants are on their last gasp. Time to plan the next lot of plants and pay a visit to the homebrew shop if I want to brew some beer for over the winter. I still haven't had any replies from the local builders I have contacted despite phone calls, leaving messages on their websites and calling in person! Don't they want the business or is it the magic words "insurance job" that has them beating a drove away from my door? I am off tomorrow so I guess further phone calls will have to be made.
I also have plans to visit London next month for the first time in many years. The last time I was there it struck me how dirty, noisy and smelly it was... home in fact. It will be good to catch up with friends and to see my old stomping grounds.


I am only going down for two days because truth to tell I prefer to be in Lincolnshire. With only a few days off at the end of October I have to squeeze in that trip, visit Essex and crack on with some jobs up here as well. It'll be interesting to see what has changed and what remains as I remember it. Anyhow, time for a cuppa and to wander the patch of grass that is my domain.
TTFN.

8 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

Hmmm... not sure where my last comment ended up.
Glad you enjoyed the scotch bonnet - I find myself in a game of chilli roulette as I keep testing my heat tolerance levels every weekend

8:31 pm  
Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

It's hard to believe we're rushing headlong into winter already (although we did spot the sun briefly yesterday).

XX

8:16 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

What is crumble (slimming world style) please?

Do you have time for a Witchy meet-up somewher?

8:35 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Crumble slimming style turned out to be horrendously wrong, at least the way I did it. Low fat digestive biscuits crumbled over the fruit. I could only find low fat ginger biscuits except I misjudged the amount & ate too much. It would be nice to meet up BW. Hopefully I will be in Essex sometime during the first week of November. I'll have firmer plans nearer the time.
Suzie it was boiling here today as we melted at work. It's hard to believe the predictions of snow for October!

10:01 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Oops, I missed it. Happy Birthday yesterday(29th), Delcatto!

12:07 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat, I had two beers last night & went to bed early! What a lightweight...

9:37 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"It would be nice to meet up BW. Hopefully I will be in Essex sometime during the first week of November. "

NOOOOOO... we will be in Northumberland that week.... NNNOOOOOO!!!! (we'll be back for Sunday 7th, but I guess we'll miss you?)

10:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Sadly BW we will miss each other. However, I am planning to travel down to Colchester on a more regular basis next year as my Mum needs more support.

9:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home