Saturday, June 12, 2010


Well...that was a week I do not want to repeat. Several days earache and a sore throat with swollen glands and my sinuses bunged up did not make for a happy bunny. I soldiered on at work although all I wanted to do was sleep with the duvet over my head. Even the thought of the world cup could not excite me. Fingers crossed I am now over the worst of it. I can now hear conversations and breathe properly. As for speaking and hearing your voice echo dully inside your head...weird sensation and wholly unpleasant. Mrs C. helpfully pointed out yesterday that it could be mumps so I searched NHS Direct and I am appropriately treating it: pain relief and fluids with plenty of rest. The alcohol covers the first two and six hours a night does the rest....plus a bit of paracetamol.
The world cup has commenced and for England's opening match I will be in a Thai restaurant with several lovely ladies without access to a TV. When my work colleague suggested a night out for several of us to celebrate the moving on of an esteemed colleague I asked that the night out doesn't clash with the England world cup matches. Ah well, I can't blame my friend because as she pointed out "It's only a game" and I have to admit to agreeing with her. I won't be drinking because I'll be driving so I might get back in time for the post match Elvis show at my local pub and a pint. Needless to say I have planned my work rota so that I do get to watch the rest of the matches, preferably in the pub with the crowd providing commentary which is generally miles funnier and more informative than that provided on the TV.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

Glad to see you're on the mend and I like the Esteemed Colleague link!

4:01 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

We raised our respective glasses to toast a future free of malign influences.


n.b. Google there was no error but I am mightily pissed off having to input my password twice!

9:59 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Hope you're feeling better now.

Glad you've got rid of her. In my experience, they're usually the last to leave, so you've done well!

7:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home