Thursday, April 29, 2010

As I sit here with the rain lashing down outside and contemplating a beer, I am ready to watch the "Big Debate". I haven't seen the last two because work intervened but following the PM's microphone debacle in Rochdale t'other day I am keen to watch this one.


















Whether tonight's head to head to head will have any impact upon the election is debateable. Avoiding mention of the extent and depth of the real cuts required with the possibility that will scare voters into voting for the party promising strawberries and cream may lead to a dull programme tonight. If it is dull I'll be tuning back in to Planet Rock as I have already made my mind up.











For sustenance I am sure these'll help me survive....mmmm lovely.
TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

With all the talk of the upcoming elections over there, it reminds me of the couple of elections we had before the last. Polarizing, evoking very strong feelings by many, and maybe some controversy for good measure.
I don't discuss politics as a general rule, but I hope it turns out better for you soon than it did for us then.

10:53 pm  
Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

I couldn't face watching, I'm afraid - like you, I've already made my mind up.

XX

7:37 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I missed bits as I went off to make a cup of tea, brush the dog and count sheep jumping fences. Will it turn out alright for us Scoakat?
I doubt it given the £170 billion plus debt for this year alone. As per my blog, you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse and there will be tears before bedtime.

9:47 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm sorry. I'm just not familiar enough. I read a few UK blogs and just have a general feel for what is there politically. I just meant it hasn't been pleasant here, either.
I was just hoping -with an uninformed opinion of your happenings- that much better for you. No offense intended, Del.

4:03 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

No Scoakat, you haven't caused any offence. It's just my sardonic humour because all three main political parties here are the same. A metropolitan political liberal elite who are disconnected with the ordinary people. They are also refusing to discuss honestly how to deal with the huge national debt.

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home