Tuesday, May 04, 2010














I spent a lovely afternoon in the garden, mowing, planting out seedlings and generally tidying up, This was followed by a few hours of sitting out, soaking up the sun and reading a good book plus refreshing cups of builders tea sans sugar. Marvellous. No thoughts about the election, volcanoes or troubles closer to home. Just the dog for company and the world felt just right for a few hours.
I have the cucumber plants out under plastic and glass plus the two larger tomato plants moved into bigger pots although the latter will remain indoors for now. Once again I am attempting to grow chilli's, peppers and coriander. However, they aren't yet ready to go outdoors and will need transplanting to larger pots. I left a large bag of compost outdoors over the winter and the cold and time has turned it into beautiful soil. Excellent for top dressing the pots which I will fill with non-peat compost. After getting my hands soiled and seeing the results of my couple of hours of labour it was good just to sit back and survey the results. It was especially lovely to have some sunshine after the typical English bank holiday weekend.
I have this week off work and after my plans to travel to Essex went awry I decided to have a quiet week at home. A time to recharge my batteries and to just simply live in the moment whilst I can do so. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow although I will need to buy in some more compost.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

A great way to spend some of your time off, you will be enjoying the plants all summer long. Eventually I'd like to grow more as well.

12:08 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Sounds good.

Are you growing any swiss chard? To my mind, it's the best Value cut-and-come again vegetable there is. Only if you like spinach-type greens mind...

It can even be grown in a flower border as the rainbow varieties are very pretty.

1:50 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers BW. That sounds interesting and I do like spinach, kale and greens.

7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home