Friday, October 02, 2020


Well, it's finally done and I will await the paperwork including the deeds to confirm it. I paid my mortgage off today and although it feels like a weight has lifted off my shoulders. I won't be completely satisfied until I receive the paperwork including the deeds. I didn't receive an email but I did receive the paperwork this morning providing the final redemption amount and the costs. The latter isn't a lot but I made a slight overpayment to avoid them quibbling  about the correct amount. The deeds come from the Land Registry office and I have been informed that CV-19 lockdown is taking a few weeks longer than usual to complete the paperwork. Barring any unforeseen problems I should have it all completed in the next ten weeks. Scary but exhilarating too and part of the start to a new chapter of my life. Given the current shambles we are going through I can relax a little knowing that is taken care of and next year consider what I want to do next. We have two new staff starting with the team later this year so perhaps if things are settled I can reduce my work hours next spring. We'll see how things pan out... 


Both the recent builds are completed, a Cant Z501 flying boat and a Messerschmitt Bf 109, both in nationalist colours from the Spanish Civil War. I am fascinated by this conflict and how the people were betrayed by both the extreme left and right. When you read of Russian backed Stalinist courts trying and executing other left wingers / anarchists as well as nationalists and the Fascist / nazi backed nationalists executing anybody they deemed an enemy of Franco and the right. An awful war and an indiction of what was coming next for Europe and the world. I have started on the next build which is a Heinkel He 111which I will build as a Stalingrad siege transport, a pivotal point in the war in the defeat of the nazis.
I have three more days of leave left and a return to the nonsense on Monday so best I enjoy them.


Progress so far...



Plus the potential for a diorama for the Bf 109...



TTFN

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congratulations on the mortgage, that may free up some options for you, as well as more help at work.

Enjoy the modeling and the rest of your time. It seems you've been favoring the airplanes lately.

9:39 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scott.

Yes, it feels odd after so many years with a mortgage and a sense of finally being free. Discussing cars with Sue last night as although I like the Mazda we do need a vehicle with easier access and she insisted we buy a newish vehicle, not the older ones I have shown an interest in. he reminded me of the money-it Lexus we had a few years ago!

Yes, lots of aircraft models yet I was an armour modeller.Once I have completed the Heinkel 111 I might pull out one of the tanks for a diorama I have in mind for a winter build.

9:35 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Congratulations on attaining mortgage freedom! I'm sure it will make a huge difference to your future planning.

'Deeds' as such don't really exist any more as the Land Registry now hold everything electronically, and you will never have to produce them if you ever sell. It just means that there will be no mortgage 'charge' against the LR record for your property.

Sad really, as a lot of social history (as contained within a house's Deeds) has been lost with this change.

Hope your return to work goes OK and that there is less madness this week.

7:40 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.

First chance to sign in and comment this week!

6:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home