Sunday, September 20, 2020


This weekend nearly summed up by the above photo...It's just missing the various cats who are drawn to the table when I am modelling like moths to a flame.

My right knee is swollen and I am having to rest and recuperate and ready myself for the working week ahead of me. I had started a post about work but I discarded it as it was really very negative and angry. I will give any work posts a miss for the time being as the situation is rapidly descending into a dark farce. I will just add one update and that is we have to now wear surgical face masks in the office! The horse hasn't just bolted but is now a pot of glue and canned dog food and the stable door is part of rebuilt accommodation for retired city bankers.

I am a week away from my birthday and a whole week off from work and I want to do more than sit at home. However, my knee and to a lesser extent my back will limit what I can do and there is the latest Covid 19 lockdown looming with a very real possibility of a second lockdown. Given this I might try out a few day trips to parts of Lincolnshire, dust off my digital camera and explore a few places that I would like to visit. Again, this all depends upon any potential lockdown and the actions of the authorities. It might be that I'll spend the week modelling, reading and staring out at the garden so all very much up in the air.



TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Probably best to keep work details/complaints offline. My name is not on my site, either, but I do the same. I know it is difficult, even worse with the back and a wonky knee, but I know you will make your best decisions.

Masks have been required at my work for some time now. I went in to work on Saturday and there was only one other in a building meant for over a thousand, so I did not wear one at my desk, just coming and going.

Get out and enjoy! (And I should take my own advice!) Please do plan something special for your birthday. With Covid and the weather mine was a real bummer, I hope better for you.

12:30 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I hope that you can work out a better way forward, this sounds truly awful, particularly when you have physical pain too.

A significant birthday in these times must be a real anti-climax. As Scoakat says, hope you can find something special to do that is still allowed.

Our best friend (Mrs Old Friend BW) is 70 in a couple of weeks. We'd hoped to welcome them here as they can't get away abroad as planned. Unfortunately the governmint have different plans for us all, so it might have to be a virtual party! Although... who'd know? The sheep don't have the police on speed dial to snitch on us...

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home