Sunday, July 26, 2020

Well that was an interesting week at work,  extremely busy as we are very short staffed and we are currently subject to another ongoing inquiry. I will one day devote a post to the psychopaths and narcissists who pursue careers in the health and care industry and the damage they cause.
What has made it interesting is that I realised I enjoy working in this team, I enjoy working with my colleagues and there are several clients who I have invested a lot of time and effort in and I'd like to support them as time goes on and eventually see them discharged. In short, I don't want to leave the team and I took a good honest look at the job I have applied for and realised it is only the reduced hours I want. After a lengthy discussion with my boss who doesn't want me to leave we agreed to look at reducing my hours, possibly from autumn once things are more settled at work.  I don't entirely trust my manager but the conversation was part of supervision and it is now documented. She has form for reneging on promises but there are other reasons for wanting to stay on. Sue is struggling to find work locally and I feel more comfortable with reducing my hours to thirty a week than the nineteen hours offered in the other job as money remains a factor. We have major house repairs planned for next year and this will help.

Otherwise, with the ongoing CV-19 saga and currently sticking close to home I have used this weekend for modelling and trying to sort the cats out. The smallest cat has become semi-feral and is reluctant to come in after a day spent roaming / sleeping / catting about the neighbourhood. Getting her in led to this...



Plus a new t shirt that has acquired a distressed look! Another new t shirt ordered and hopefully will avoid meeting a similar fate but I have suggested we return to bribery and affection rather than pick her up


I am a huge fan of M.R, James supernatural stories and during the lockdown I have followed Nunkie's on-line renditions of the stories.

The latest model on the table is a cheap old kit I bought from evil bay and I am applying scratch building techniques to bring it up to a reasonable standard. The Heinkel He 162 was a modern jet fighter in 1945 made on the cheap including a lot of wood and recycled materials! Flying at over 550 mph in an aircraft which was largely plywood and glue would do wonders for anyone suffering from constipation and the aircraft also had an ejector seat. What is even more astonishing was that of Eric Brown's opinion of this as an excellent aircraft!



Quite a few built but thankfully they only operated during the last few weeks of the war and the evil empire was consigned to history.  I will have a shelf devoted to these early jet aircraft and this one will join the Vampire I completed last year. A welcome distraction from the current madness of the world.

TTFN.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm glad you chose what will make you happiest, perhaps for the best. Good people, let alone a good team, can be hard to find or leave.

Ouch! Yes, maybe no picking her up. Even Basil doesn't let me pick him up often and he hissed at me when I did the other night. But he's a pretty big cat, it could be uncomfortable for him.

Those planes with the jet on top are just odd looking. And with an ejector seat, to go up across the intake for the jet? Just odd.

11:10 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"I will one day devote a post to the psychopaths and narcissists who pursue careers in the health and care industry and the damage they cause"

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this!

Hope the job reduction in hours works out.

7:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks folks. Smallest cat is still very friendly but she really doesn't like to be picked up. She's also happily going out and returning home again.
I haven't withdrawn my application for the new job as this week of excess hours and crazy pressure plus having to book time off for Sue's health has again popped up.

10:41 am  
Blogger Scoakat said...

All my best to Sue, sorry to hear.

Are you still watching that Lost in the Pond YouTube channel? Today's video was about Grimsby.

11:44 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scott. I watched it and the pubs video but his voice grew increasingly irritating. Has he been told to slow his speech down and enunciate more clearly?

1:41 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

That's funny, I don't know. But yes, I sometimes wonder about how he talks, too! Maybe he's trying to appeal to too wide an audience?

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Best wishes to Sue, and to you. Being unwell again in present times, and with the current heat must be hard.

6:57 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW. She's better now but taking things slowly.

7:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home