Hooray! It's my birthday and I have reached the magic 60!
I can't quite believe I am now embarking on my seventh decade but in this area I am not eligible for a bus pass yet. I have to wait another six years for that. To celebrate I am having a covid quiet day at home as I begin the process of finally paying off my mortgage...The promised email hasn't yet arrived several hours after I phoned them. I hope this isn't indicative of the process but it does look simple enough and the first step to moving to an easier life. I also received a call from my oldest friend who lives in Switzerland and we have made tentative plans to meet next year in Copenhagen although that might be changed to another European City. We've known each other for over fifty years and were in the cubs together in the late sixties as well as at school together. I had hoped to be doing something very different for this milestone birthday but I'll rearrange it for next year.
Otherwise it is a home cooked chicken penang, diving into some new books and enjoying a couple of gin and tonics and some good music. I am enjoying my week off and having some R & R is definitely required. The photo above was an opportunity this afternoon to catch all four cats together, a rare event but they are obviously all in fine fettle and relaxed in the late September sunshine. Definitely autumnal as they are all in each evening now with the exception of Maisie.
TTFN.

3 Comments:
Happy 60th birthday! I hope you have a great week off. Cheers!
Hope you had a great 60th, and don't have a headache this morning!
Wasn't the weather glorious yesterday? Enjoy the rest of your time off.
Thank you folks. I celebrated over the weekend and avoided alcohol over the last two days. But I have a bottle of Teeling's small cask whiskey from my Mother, an Irish whiskey I haven't tried before so I shall have some of that tonight.
Post a Comment
<< Home