Not yet socially distanced from the rest of humanity but I am left scratching my head at the panic mongering by mainstream and social media, the panic buying in the shops in response to the former and the general nonsense going on. As somebody said in the super mercado this morning "It's like Xmas but not as much fun".
Not bovvered.
At work we are receiving daily missives plus rumours abound about what we are supposed to do to help out. No idea so we carry on as normal although hand sanitisers have appeared on every desk. Several scenarios plus accompanying plans have come and gone from various managers and departments. We calmly remind everyone we meet that it is not as dangerous as the flu for most people but might be dangerous for elderly people who have underlying health conditions. That applies to several members of staff across the teams so this could get interesting. The main complaint from people has been the shortage of toilet rolls (Why toilet rolls?), cancelled sports events and potentially cancelled holidays. My response has been to combine the three and state 'Shit happens' as there are more important things for people and some people are genuinely frightened by the doom mongers in the media. We can live without football for a few weeks and holidays can be moved although I feel sorry for those who had planned and book important trips abroad. It will be interesting to see how this pans out and I made the mistake of looking at tw@tt.r where the conspiracy theorists are more excited than usual.
Poorly fella.
Otherwise life here at delcatto towers carries on as normal although No.1 son has just informed me his trip to Sweden next week has been cancelled. He was happy to learn he is eligible for an Irish passport which might make his future plans around travelling / living in Sweden much easier. Sue looks Danish and there is Viking* blood in my family on both my father's and mother's sides. So no surprise that No.1 passes for Swedish when he is over there. He returned from Gothenburg less than two weeks ago and after telling me about his trip I have started to think a trip over there would be nice. I would like to pay this place a visit and travel to the north of the country as well. Given the current pandemic and pandemonium I might have to resort to panning tourist CCTV's for a view of the country.
I must away as I have smoked haddock cooking in milk and butter with mixed peppers, courgettes, etc...to which I have added a spicy Mexican smoked spice mix. Very healthy...ish although the beer I intend to drink with it might not be. No, it's not Corona.
TTFN.
* I once stated it might be Anglo-Saxon / Germanic genes but that did not go down well with my Dad and Uncles!
Otherwise life here at delcatto towers carries on as normal although No.1 son has just informed me his trip to Sweden next week has been cancelled. He was happy to learn he is eligible for an Irish passport which might make his future plans around travelling / living in Sweden much easier. Sue looks Danish and there is Viking* blood in my family on both my father's and mother's sides. So no surprise that No.1 passes for Swedish when he is over there. He returned from Gothenburg less than two weeks ago and after telling me about his trip I have started to think a trip over there would be nice. I would like to pay this place a visit and travel to the north of the country as well. Given the current pandemic and pandemonium I might have to resort to panning tourist CCTV's for a view of the country.
I must away as I have smoked haddock cooking in milk and butter with mixed peppers, courgettes, etc...to which I have added a spicy Mexican smoked spice mix. Very healthy...ish although the beer I intend to drink with it might not be. No, it's not Corona.
TTFN.
* I once stated it might be Anglo-Saxon / Germanic genes but that did not go down well with my Dad and Uncles!


3 Comments:
I reckon Corona beer will be forever tainted. Rebranding soon methinks.
The ao.com men who delivered us a washing machine this morning said, "You don't have to sign for it, you're not allowed to touch our gadget because of The Virus, it's stupid, we know!"
It will be interesting to see whether you get 'reallocated' within the NHS *if* the brown stuff hits the fan. Good luck.
Sounds like we caught up to you over here, with the toilet paper and panic and such. What a head-scratcher, eh?
Ride it out and be smart, we'll be doing the same. Good luck to us all.
Yes BW, a rebrand required sadly because some people can't differentiate although the current panic in the shops possibly means more than 'some people'!
We think we might be re-allocated.possibly to the crisis team or the wards. I don't mind the former but I shan't be available for the latter...cough cough!
Spot on Scott. Sit tight and ride it out because each day sees the madness in the various media increase,
Good luck to you both!
Post a Comment
<< Home