It's been a while since I last blogged but the dull, wet and busy days of January at work has required my attention. Inevitably a model update and the Stuka was finished for the group build. I have no idea who won but I participated for the fun of it and despite looking finished there are a couple of jobs I would like to finish off before I am fully satisfied with the build.
I had a job interview and my mind went completely blank for one question, a subject I know inside out but I couldn't answer it. Kicking myself afterwards but I am happy enough in my present job although the other jobs would have entailed fewer but longer days on duty. After an extremely busy and stressful day yesterday where I finally finished two hours late I have a week off. No plans as I just want a break from work and a chance to relax and escape the pressures there.
I have started another build and this one is a PZL 23 aircraft which I bought last month directly from Poland. It was cheap as chips and the postage cost more as it is a very basic kit. I have scratch built a cockpit interior and I will add some more externally but it's one I have wanted to build for a long time.
I have got as far as airbrushing the Polish khaki colour on top and sky blue beneath today and it is drying away from curious felines.
If the weather is good this week I might get some walking in as the snowdrops are out but Sue said the weather forecast is for snow. I'll take that to mean rain and sleet with lots of wind so it might be a week of modelling and reading in the warm indoors.
TTFN.



2 Comments:
A winner of a group build? Do what???
Why is there this constant need for people to compete, even in craft activities? What is the point?
It's the core of what is wrong with the world today, I'm sure. Why can't things just be done for the pleasure of doing them, to the best of one's ability, and the time available?
Enjoy your time off.
It's a competition for some individuals but for most of us it's a bit of fun and shared experience.
There are some very competitive people but I just leave them to it and I enjoy myself with each build.
Thank you. Sue has provided me with a list of jobs around the house but I am glad to have the week off. Having said that I am currently trying to complete a safeguarding report from last friday but I shall definitely claim my time back!
Enjoy your holiday.
Post a Comment
<< Home